Are you looking for a warm and delicious banana bread? Our Healthy Banana Bread is the perfect recipe for you. The fresh, wholesome ingredients and reduced sugar ensure you are creating a healthier alternative to banana bread that tastes just as great!
We love to enjoy this banana bread fresh out the oven, topped with a little slab of butter!
Ingredients You Need to Make Healthy Banana Bread
- Overripe Bananas
- Room Temperature Eggs
- Avocado Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
If you have ripe bananas that you don’t have time to use in your banana bread right away, you can freeze them!
How to Freeze Bananas
Simply peel your bananas, place them on a baking sheet topped with wax paper, and freeze them overnight.
Once your bananas are frozen, place them in a freezer bag and create your banana bread when you’re ready. When ready to use, defrost them to the point that they are cool, but not mushy!Print
This Healthy Banana Bread is packed with flavor, and is the perfect breakfast or snack any day of the week.
- 4 overripe bananas
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons of Avocado Oil
- 2 cups of White Flour
- 4 ounces of Applesauce (or use the single serve Applesauce cup)
- ½ cup of Brown Sugar (adjust to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of Nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your 8 ½ x 11 ½ loaf pan.
- Put the dry ingredients in a bowl (Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg) mix thoroughly with a whisk. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well with an electric mixer until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Pour your batter in a loaf pan. Check your bread in 45 minutes, it is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.