What is better than having a slice of the Best Blueberry Pie on a summer’s day? Even better, you can enjoy this pie all year long by using frozen blueberries when blueberries aren’t in season.
Our quick and easy Blueberry Pie is great served alone or with a generous topping of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. The best part – this is one of the easiest and healthiest pies to make. We use minimal ingredients, allowing the taste of the blueberries to take center stage in this refreshing dessert.
Fun fact – we love this pie so much that we made it the day before vacation. We weren’t quite finished enjoying it, so we ate it for breakfast the morning we left for the trip. Everything in moderation, right?
What You Need to Make The Best Blueberry Pie
This quick and easy pie requires six ingredients:
- Pre-made Pie Shell
- Fresh Blueberries
- Arrowroot or Corn Starch
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
What to Serve This Pie With
This pie is a quintessential summer dessert. We like to pair this dessert with our Grilled Chicken Kabobs for the best summer meal.
If you are bringing this Blueberry Pie along to your next summer get-together, you may also want to check out our appetizers.Print
What is better than having a slice of The Best Blueberry Pie on a summer’s day? Our quick and easy pie will become your new favorite treat.
- 1 Premade Pie Shell
- 4 cups (2 pints) Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons of Arrowroot or Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Zest
- Bake your pie crust to the desired doneness following package instructions. Prior to baking, prick the base of your pie crust several times with a fork to prevent air bubbles from forming.
- In a saucepan, combine your sugar, Arrowroot or Cornstarch, water, Lemon Juice, and Lemon Zest. Add 2 cups of Blueberries, and cook on low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is thick and clear, about five to seven minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Add the remaining 2 cups of Blueberries. Stir to combine.
- Pour the Blueberry mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate until the pie is set, at least one hour.
- (Optional) Top the pie with Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream.
Keywords: Blueberries, Pie