Refreshingly sweet and patriotic, Watermelon Fruit Skewers are the perfect summer treat for Fourth of July parties.
- Fresh Watermelon
- Wooden Skewers
- Start by preparing the watermelon. Slice the watermelon into thick, rectangular pieces, about 1 inch thick. Then, cut these slices into your star shape using a star cookie cutter.
- Take a wooden skewer and carefully insert it into the bottom of each star Watermelon slice, making sure it goes through the center. Leave a few inches of the skewer exposed to resemble the handle of a sparkler. Repeat the process to create your own pattern.
- Slide a few blueberries onto the exposed part of the skewer, just above the watermelon slice. The blueberries will represent the “spark” of your sparkler.
- Arrange your Watermelon Fruit Sparklers on a serving platter. For an added touch, you can decorate the platter with fresh mint leaves to enhance the festive look.
- Place the platter in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. The coolness of the watermelon will be incredibly refreshing on a warm summer day.
Keywords: Watermelon, 4th of July