Discover the irresistible taste of Southern Cornbread, a beloved classic. Enjoy its golden crust, moist interior, and rich flavor.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Corn Meal
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Baking Power
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Pour your milk and beaten egg into your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
- Pour the batter into the pan or cast iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Milk + Lemon Juice: Mix 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Milk + Vinegar: Mix 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar.
Keywords: Cajun, Cornbread, Skillet Cornbread